Understanding Data (IPS 303)
- Articulate the importance of understanding data in today’s world.
- Identify and evaluate alternative types of data and data sources.
- Gather and manipulate data to provide numerical and visual summaries.
- Explain the process and importance of statistical inference.
- Effectively present data to provide information and/or support and argument.
- Gonick, Larry, and Woollcott Smith. The Cartoon Guide to Statistics. New York, NY: William Morrow, an Imprint of HarperCollins, 2015. Print.
- Wheelan, Charles J. Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data. New York: W.W. Norton, 2014. Print.
Other BIPS Core Courses
You will develop key skills through the core courses of the BIPS program. These courses build on each other, teaching you how to identify patterns, interpret data, work with others to solve problems, and make informed decisions — skills that will help you in any career.
Design Thinking (IPS 301)
Systems Thinking (IPS 302)
Contemporary Media Literacies (IPS 304)
Self-Awareness (IPS 306)
All the details. All in one place.